So Long, Summer
This has been the summer of travel -- thus, my extreme lack of presence on this little blog (oops). But, you know, what's done is done. Plus, I can come back and tell you all what I've been up to. Here's a comprehensive list of all the reasons I fell off the map this summer:
1. My boyfriend and I kicked off summer by visiting my family in Columbus, Ohio for the long Memorial Day weekend. It was a great little getaway filled with plenty of pool time and good eats.
2. The next weekend, we headed to Philly for his sister's wedding. Needless to say, it was an epic wedding and we broke the dance floor. (Really. It actually broke.)
3. Cue the second weekend in June, where we headed down to Charlottesville, Virginia for his five-year college reunion.
4. The next weekend was the Jersey Shore! Although it's still a bit of a hike, it is nice to be but a train ride away from nice beaches. Plus, we got to eat at the Parker House in Sea Girt (get the lobster mac).
Need a laugh? Read this. It is weirdly accurate.
5. Fourth of July weekend saw us back in Columbus, Ohio with my family. I don't necessarily get to visit often outside of the holidays, so it was nice to be able to get two summer trips in.
Unfortunately, our flight there was canceled, so we ended up taking a cab from LaGuardia in Queens to Newark, New Jersey, then driving overnight so we could make the Cedar Point trip on July 1.
Hopefully, we will never have to do that again. Ever.
6. A quick jaunt on the Metro North with some friends took us to a southwest-influenced cook-off. We didn't win. But we did eat (and drink!) quite a bit. So, there's that.
7. From July 28th to August 6th, we were in coastal Maine with my boyfriend's family. (More on that in another post, because Maine is so wonderful it deserves its own spotlight).
8. The weekend following Maine, we headed down to Bethany Beach in Delaware with some friends. The weather may not have cooperated all the time, but it ended up being warm water, good brews, and a great time.
9. Over Labor Day weekend, we headed with (you guessed it) another group of friends down to Miami. We were so lucky we missed the terrible storms that hit, and I'll detail the our trip and the places to hit if you go to Miami in another post soon.
Soooo, while I've enjoyed getting my best tan in years and bopping around this summer, between constantly being gone, working, exploring our own city, additional family events and everything else in between, I'm even happier than normal to see autumn approach.
What have you been up to this summer?